Pam Anderson, a partner in the Environment, Energy & Resources practice, represents utilities, local distribution companies, energy marketers, producers, and natural gas, crude oil and products pipelines throughout the country. Pam has represented energy clients before the FERC, NERC, CFTC, PHMSA, DOE and various state regulators. A certified public accountant, she combines her legal and financial experience to help clients negotiate complex business transactions and conduct due diligence.
Pam advises energy companies on both proactive and reactive measures to ensure regulatory compliance and establish best practices in corporate governance, risk management, and Dodd-Frank compliance. Pam represents natural gas clients across the spectrum of pipeline safety and federal regulatory issues, including all matters associated with regulatory compliance, rate litigation, certificates, and new construction and expansions, as well as oil pipeline clients and crude oil marketers on regulatory compliance and rate and tariff matters. In addition, Pam works with electric utility clients, public power clients and joint action agencies advising on compliance with NERC reliability standards, transmission tariff issues, fuel sourcing for gas-fired generation, renewable energy standards, power purchase agreements, and electric generation and transmission construction matters.
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2013 - Present: Energy Law; Oil & Gas Law
- American Bar Association
- Natural Gas Development in the Northwest Conference, Co-Chair, 2013
- Energy Bar Association, President, Western Chapter
- Washington State Bar Association
- Charitable Foundation of the Energy Bar Association, Board Member, 2012 - present
- Washington Clean Technology Alliance, Events Committee Member
- Hearing, Speech & Deafness Center, Board of Directors, 2011 - present
- Seafair, Board of Directors, 2013 - present
- Van Ness Feldman, Seattle, WA; Washington, D.C., Member
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, J.D., 1989
- University of Northern Colorado, B.S., 1982
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit