Firmwide Personnel Partner; Seattle Office Managing Partner
Nancy Williams, a partner in the firm's Labor & Employment practice, has been representing companies in labor and employment law for nearly 30 years. She counsels employers and represents them in litigation on equal employment opportunity, discipline and discharge, and a wide variety of other employment issues.
Nancy is an active member in the American Bar Association and Washington State Bar Association, especially in the labor and litigation areas. She is also a frequent speaker on a wide range of employment law issues. Nancy is past chair of the Seattle Labor and Employment practice at Perkins Coie and the King County Bar Association's Labor and Employment Law Section. She was also a trustee for the King County Bar Association.
- Selected by Best Lawyers as "Seattle Labor and Employment Lawyer of the Year," 2011 - 2012
- Listed in Chambers USA, "America’s Leading Labor and Employment Lawyers"
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Employment Law - Management; Litigation - Labor & Employment, 1995 - Present
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics, "Washington’s Super Lawyers," 2003 - 2012
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- American Bar Association, Labor and Litigation Sections
- Washington Employment Law Letter, Co-Editor, 1994 - 2011
- King County Bar Association, Membership Committee, 2010 - Present; KCBA BOLD section, ad hoc Chair, 2010 - Present; Central District Trustee, 2007 - 2010; Labor and Employment Section, Trustee, 2004 - 2007; Section Chair, 2006 - 2007; Pacific Coast Labor Law Conference Planning Committee, 2001 - 2007, Conference Chair, 2006
- Peace Corps, Volunteer, 1967-1969
- U.S. Department of Labor, Public Information Officer, 1973-1978
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1980
- Northwestern University, B.S., Journalism, 1967
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington