Nate Ford is a partner in the firm's Business group. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital financings, and public securities offerings in a broad range of industries including healthcare, consumer products, manufacturing, software, retail, financial services, insurance, media, energy and technology.
Mergers and Acquisitions and Private Equity
Nate represents private equity funds, senior management and public and private companies in connection with structuring, negotiating and documenting mergers, acquisitions, dispositions and recapitalizations, including leveraged acquisitions. In addition, Nate frequently provides general corporate representation to the platform portfolio companies of his private equity fund clients and represents them in connection with strategic add-on acquisitions.
Nate regularly represents technology and emerging-growth companies and a number of leading private equity and venture capital funds in connection with equity and debt financings ranging from early-stage investments to growth equity and expansion capital.
Public Securities Offerings and Securities Regulation
Nate has represented issuers in connection with initial public offerings and secondary offerings. In addition, Nate's work with publicly held companies has afforded him significant experience in the areas of SEC periodic reporting, trading and disclosure practices, corporate governance, proxy regulation and resales of restricted securities, as well as various general corporate counseling and compensation plan matters common to public companies.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2013 - Present: Mergers & Acquisition Law
- Named a "Colorado Super Lawyer," by Super Lawyers, 2012 - 2013
- Named a "Colorado Rising Star," by Super Lawyers, 2009 - 2011
- Chambers USA, "America's Leading Lawyers for Business," Corporate/M&A, 2008 - 2013
- "Forty Under 40," Denver Business Journal, 2004
- American Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association, Corporate Section
- Marlon Foundation, Executive Officer and Board Member
- Qualife Wellness Community, Board Member and Former Executive Officer
- Princeton Entrepreneurs' Network, Board Member and Executive Officer, and Chairman of the Rocky Mountain Chapter
- Faegre & Benson LLP, Denver, CO, Partner
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D.
University of Colorado Law Review, Associate Editor
- Princeton University, A.B., cum laude