Mark Schneider is a partner in the firm's Litigation and Environment, Energy & Resources practices and the chair of the firm's national Energy and Environmental Litigation practice. In over 20 years of legal practice, he has focused on environmental, energy, natural resources, and land use counseling and litigation.
Mark's practice involves the full range of environmental, energy, and natural resource issues. He assists clients with permitting, compliance, and regulatory matters under federal and state laws, including the Clean Water Act (CWA), Clean Air Act (CAA), Endangered Species Act (ESA), and National and State Environmental Policy Acts. He also represents clients in a wide variety of environmental litigation matters, including CERCLA and state Superfund actions and multiparty allocation proceedings; natural resource damage claims; defense of project permits, licenses, and other governmental approvals; government enforcement actions; investigations and white collar defense; toxic tort; insurance recovery; and citizen suits. Additionally, he assists clients with corporate and real estate transactions, due diligence investigations, brownfields redevelopment, audits, environmental management systems, and climate change issues.
Connect with Mark via LinkedIn
- Named the Best Lawyers’ 2012 Seattle Natural Resources Law "Lawyer of the Year"
- Selected as a "Top Rated Lawyer" in Energy/Environmental by American Lawyer Media, 2013
- Listed in Chambers USA, “America’s Leading Environment and Natural Resources Lawyers," 2005 - 2012
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation; Energy Law; Environmental Law; Litigation - Environmental; Natural Resources Law, 2003 - 2012
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics, "Washington's Super Lawyers," 2001 - 2012
- Listed in Corporate Counsel Edition of "Super Lawyers," 2009
- Listed in Lawdragon magazine as one of the "500 leading lawyers in the United States," 2006
- Listed in American Lawyer Media 2004 Litigation Report, "Best Lawyers in America: Business Litigation," 2004
- Listed as a "Top Lawyer in Mergers & Acquisitions" by Washington CEO/Avvo
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- U.S. Department of Justice, Environment and Natural Resources Division, Environmental Enforcement Section, Washington, D.C., Trial Attorney, 1984 - 1987
- Hon. Jerome Farris, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 1983 - 1984
- Northwestern University Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1983
- Dartmouth College, B.A., cum laude, 1979
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington