Michael Young is an associate with the firm’s Commercial Litigation practice. A member of the firm’s Business Litigation group, he has experience in intellectual property litigation and labor & employment litigation. He is the author of numerous articles exploring modern legal issues in technology and intellectual property, and has a professional background in journalism and finance. His pro bono activity is focused on refugee and asylum representation.
Outside his law practice, Michael is lead guitarist for Bay Area dance/rock band “Night Train,” and a certified yoga instructor with the Yoga Alliance.
- Perkins Coie LLP, San Francisco, CA, Summer Associate, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California, San Francisco, CA, Judicial Extern for Hon. Charles R. Breyer, 2011
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, IL, Research Assistant for Professor Steven J. Heyman, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Chicago, IL, Judicial Extern for Hon. Robert M. Dow, 2010
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, (Boalt Hall), JD, 2012
Associate Articles Editor, Berkeley Journal of Sports & Entertainment Law
Staff Writer, Berkeley Business Law Journal
- Indiana University, B.A., Journalism, 2003