Mary Rose Hughes is a partner in the Litigation group. She focuses her practice in the area of commercial litigation. Mary Rose has extensive experience in state regulatory proceedings and arbitrations, and has represented clients Qwest, Boeing, Louisiana-Pacific, de Havilland, Chrysler Corporation, Nintendo of America Inc. and other corporations in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
Mary Rose's experience includes:
- Representation of Qwest Corporation (and predecessor U S WEST Communications) in contested regulatory proceedings, enforcement actions, arbitrations and other matters before state regulatory commissions and federal courts.
- Representation of Louisiana-Pacific Corporation in arbitrations in multiple states.
- Representation of Genie Industries in product liability cases in state and federal courts.
- Representation of Boeing in product liability litigation in state and federal courts.
- U.S.-Panama Joint Committee on the Environment, Commissioner and Chairperson, 1982 - 1992
- U.S. State Department, Bureau of Economics, Committee on International Investment, Advisor, 1991 - 1992
- United States Department of State, Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Environment, Health and Natural Resources, 1982 - 1984
- Chief Legislative Assistant to Congressman Jack Kemp, 1973 - 1977
- The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, J.D., 1979
- Georgetown University, B.S., summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1973
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- Superior Court of the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims