Partner, Trademark & Copyright Practice
Co-Chair, Arts, Entertainment & Sports Industry Group
Lynne Graybeal is a partner in the firm's Intellectual Property Group and Trademark & Copyright practices. Her practice focuses on trademark and copyright law, Internet and social media issues, licensing and intellectual property-related transactions, and arts and entertainment law. Lynne is currently the co-chair of the firm's Arts, Entertainment & Sports industry group and was a co-chair of the Trademark & Copyright practice, from 2000 - 2012.
Lynne also helps clients with copyright clearance, registration and licensing. Her IP transactional experience includes software license and development agreements, multimedia and Web-based content license agreements, content acquisition agreements, trademark license agreements, rights transfer agreements, book publishing agreements, literary rights agreements, advertising agency and talent agreements, and confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements.
Lynne's clients include cutting edge online and traditional companies of all sizes across a wide range of industries, including financial institutions, software publishers and distributors, hardware and electronics manufacturers, telecommunications services and equipment providers, interactive games publishers, medical device manufacturers, hotel and resort owners, food and beverage retailers, personal care product manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, and consumer products and services retailers.
Lynne also works with arts and entertainment clients, including authors, artists, musicians, composers and museums, and has represented corporate clients, game developers, publishers, professional sports teams, a public television station, and individuals in entertainment-related matters involving publishing, literary rights, publicity rights, art, theatre, music, film and television. Lynne currently serves on the Board of Trustees of the Pacific Northwest Ballet, the Northwest's largest ballet company, as well as on the Board of Directors of the Seattle Shakespeare Company.
Lynne focuses on developing long-term relationships with clients and is very successful in integrating into a client's internal intellectual property team. She works with a client to determine how best to meet a client's short- and long-term trademark, copyright and other IP needs and helps the client develop strategies to work within its IP budget and track its IP-related expenses.
- Listed as a 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Intellectual Property by American Lawyer Media and Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2012 - Present: Copyright Law; Trademark Law
- Recognized in the World Trademark Review 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals, 2012 - 2014
- Recognized by Managing Intellectual Property as an IP Star, 2013; Top 250 Women in IP, 2013
- Listed in The International Who's Who of Trademark Lawyers, 2006 - 2013
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics, "Washington's Super Lawyers", 2003 - 2006, 2010 - 2013
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics, "Top 50 Washington Female Super Lawyers", 2004
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- University of Puget Sound School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1983
- Colby College, B.A., Economics, cum laude with distinction, 1979
- Pomona College
1974 - 1976