Louise Adamson is a partner with the firm's Real Estate & Land Use practice. She focuses her practice on real estate, land use and development, including the acquisition and disposition, leasing, financing, entitlement, development, and construction of properties located throughout the United States, together with related business and corporate matters including entity structure and formation and tax deferred exchanges.
Louise has represented clients on a wide variety of projects including urban and suburban office buildings, commercial campuses, retail warehouse development, shopping centers, renewable energy projects, industrial and manufacturing facilities, data centers, subdivisions, residential care facilities, mixed-use developments, schools, vineyards, high-end residential, resorts and golf courses. Associated with these projects, she has conducted due diligence and title reviews, successfully secured land use entitlements, coordinated CEQA compliance, prepared reciprocal easement and CC&R agreements, and negotiated complex development, disposition and exclusive negotiation agreements.
Louise was one of the first attorneys in the United States to be certified as a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED®-AP) by the U.S. Green Building Council. She has an in-depth understanding of sustainable building practices and the experience necessary to assist clients with rapidly evolving issues including building certification, government regulation, and related tax and financial incentives. Notably, Louise developed a first-of-its-kind green leasing program for a global technology company which not only integrates sustainable building practices but also tracks the LEED rating system through each stage of the lease negotiation process so that the lease itself facilitates LEED certification for the tenant space. Louise is also a member of the City of Orinda Planning Commission. She served as the Commission’s chairman from 2010 to 2013.
- American Bar Association Green and Sustainable Transactions Committee, Chairman
- San Francisco Bar Association, Member
- California State Bar Association, Real Estate and Business Sections, Member
- LEED®-AP ID&C, U.S. Green Building Council, Member
- City of Orinda Planning Commission, 2007 - present (Chairman, 2010 - 2013)
- San Francisco Mayor's Green Tenant Task Force, Member
- K&L Gates, San Francisco, CA, Partner & Of Counsel
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, (Boalt Hall), J.D., 1998
Berkeley Journal of International Law
- California State University, East Bay, B.A., English, summa cum laude, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California