Kai Zhu is an associate with the firm's Patent Litigation practice. Kai practices in the areas of patent litigation and Section 337 investigation, patent counseling, due diligence and portfolio management, and preparation of infringement and validity opinions. With formal education in both electronic engineering and computer engineering, Kai brings to his practice hands-on industrial experiences. He is well versed in a broad range of information technologies: analog and digital circuits in applications such as wireless communications, computer memories, and hard drive read channels; architecture and system software of Internet routers; Wi-Fi and 3G/4G wireless standards; Linux kernels and real-time operating systems; and many web applications. Kai is especially adept at quickly learning new information technologies.
Prior to law school, Kai worked in the telecommunications and computer industries for many years, for both start-up companies in Silicon Valley and major international companies.
- Alston & Bird LLP, Menlo Park, CA, IP Litigation Associate, 2010 - 2011
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP, Redwood Shores, CA, Patent Litigation Associate, 2008 - 2010; Summer Associate, 2007
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, Palo Alto, CA, Summer Associate, 2006, 2007
- Caspian Networks, San Jose, CA, Senior Software Engineer, 2004 - 2005
- Nokia Networks, Mountain View, CA, Software Engineer, 2001 - 2004
- Amber Networks (acquired by Nokia), Fremont, CA, Software Engineer, 2000 - 2001
- Alcatel Corporate Research Center, Richardson, TX, Member of Research Staff, 1999 - 2000
- Founder Group, China (北大方正集团), Member of Technical Staff, 1993 - 1995
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, (Boalt Hall), J.D., 2008; M.A., Economics, 2008
- North Carolina State University, Ph.D., Computer Engineering, 2000;
M.S., Computer Engineering, 1997
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University, B.E., Electronic Engineering, 1993
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office