Karen Samuels Jones focuses her practice in the areas of real estate, leasing and construction, resort and permanent lending. Currently, her practice specialty includes loan foreclosures, receiverships, loan sales and workouts. Her clients are located not only within Colorado but also within the greater Rocky Mountain region and include state and national banks, real estate private equity investors, life insurance companies, other private lenders, senior living facility owners and operators, and technology companies. Karen is a recognized specialist in complex real estate secured transactions, acts as local counsel to various out-of-state attorneys and firms and lectures frequently on secured lending and distressed real estate finance topics.
Karen received the Joy S. Burns Woman of Enterprise Award for 2011 from the Franklin L. Burns School of Real Estate and Construction Management Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver. The award is given to a professional woman in the real estate or construction industry who demonstrates the highest achievement in the industry, outstanding leadership, ethical standards and character in her industry and community, as well as giving her time and resources to promote the talents and accomplishments of other women within the industry.
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce, Chair, 2005 - 2006; Women In Leadership, Chair, 2006 - 2007
- South Metro Denver Economic Development Group, Chair, 2001 - 2003, Director, 1997 - 2011
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), President, 2009 - 2010; President Elect and CREW Network Delegate, 2009; Past President and CREW Network Delegate, 2011; Scholarship Task Force, 2008; National Convention Committee for Corporate Partners, 2007; CREW Denver Corporate Partners Committee, 2005 - 2008 and 2011; Career Outreach Committee, 2011
- Downtown Denver Partnership, DDI Board, 2006 - 2008
- Women In Real Estate, Chair, 1996 - 1997
- International Association of Attorneys and Executives in Corporate Real Estate, 2007 - 2008
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D., 1990
- University of Michigan, A.B., cum laude, 1984