Kristine (Kris) Wilson focuses her practice on land use, environmental, real estate and energy law. Her work primarily involves helping clients evaluate, obtain and defend the regulatory approvals and agreements necessary for their acquisition, development and use of real property.
Kris works with clients and their consultant teams to perform due diligence and develop and implement strategies that enable clients to efficiently and effectively realize their goals. This includes counseling clients with respect to environmental review, federal, state and local regulatory processes (e.g., Corps, FERC, Ecology, or municipal development agreements), land use litigation, growth management, wetland and shoreline regulations (CWA, CZMA), endangered species (ESA), climate change, U.S. Green Building Council Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) certification, zoning and building permits, municipal and administrative law, and related real estate transactional documents. She also assists clients with business transactions (e.g., acquisition of portfolios or corporate mergers), federal grants and loans, leases, water rights and encumbrances.
Kris is part of the Real Estate, Land Use and Environment, Energy & Resources practices. She is co-author of the WSBA Real Property Deskbook chapter on "Commercial Development" and is a regular speaker on land use, environmental permitting/review and energy topics.
- Selected as a "Washington Rising Star" in Washington Law & Politics, 2010, 2012 and 2013
- Urban Land Institute, 2005 - present; Seattle District YLG Leadership Team, 2007 - 2010
- CREW Seattle & Sound, 2008 - present
- Cascadia Region Green Building Council, 2009 - present
- Energy Bar Association, 2005 - present; Water & Land Use, Regulation & Permitting Committee, 2008 - present; Climate Change & Emissions Committee, 2008 - present; Hydroelectric Regulation Committee, 2006 - 2007
- American Bar Association, Environment, Energy & Resources Section, 2003 - present;
- Washington State Bar Association, Environmental & Land Use Law Section, 2003 - present; Administrative Law Section, 2003 - present; Board of Trustees and Newsletter Co-Editor, 2003 - 2006
- East King County Bar Association, 2003 - present
- YWCA of Seattle-King-Snohomish, Board of Directors and Gen-Rising Committee Co-Chair, 2012 - present; member of Board committees, 2008 - present
- Intiman Theatre, Board of Trustees, 2009 - 2013
- Corporate Council for the Arts/ArtsFund, Associate, 2003 - 2004
- Elder and Adult Day Services, Board of Directors, 1999 - 2001
Perkins Coie LLP, Bellevue, WA, Law Clerk, 2002
Metropolitan King County Council, Office of Council member Jane Hague, Seattle, WA, Legislative Aide 1996 - 1997, 1998 - 2001
University of Virginia School of Law, Professor Clayton Gillette, Research Assistant for Municipal Law, 1998
U.S. Department of Justice, Civil Rights Division, Special Litigation, Washington D.C., Legal Intern, 1994
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2002
- University of Virginia School of Law
- Seattle Pacific University, B.A., English & Political Science, summa cum laude, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington