Co-Chair Appellate Practice
Katie O'Sullivan has represented clients in a wide range of complex litigation in trial and appellate courts across the country. This work has involved diverse industries, including aviation, banking, biotechnology, food, manufacturing, retail, software, and telecommunications. At the trial court level, Katie has represented clients facing class actions pending in multi-district litigation and involving parallel state and federal investigations. She is also experienced at managing large electronic discovery teams, working with her clients to collect, efficiently review, and comprehend massive quantities of complex electronic data.
At the appellate level, Katie has worked on appeals across a broad spectrum of legal issues, including class certification, constitutional law, election law, employment law, product liability, and many other issues. In her role as Co-Chair of the Appellate Practice, she partners with other lawyers at Perkins Coie who have deep experience in the subject matter of the particular appeal.
Katie has been active in the Washington State Bar Association and the Federal Bar Associations, and in speaking to lawyers and judges on issues including appellate practice, class actions, judicial and legal ethics, and electronic discovery.
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2009 - Present
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics, “Washington's Super Lawyers," 2007 - 2012
Co-Recipient of awards for IOLTA Supreme Court litigation (American Bar Association, Washington State Bar Association, King County Bar Association, Perkins Coie)
- DNA – People’s Legal Services, Window Rock, Navajo Nation, AZ, Law Clerk, Summer 1994
- Hon. Harold H. Greene, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 1996 - 1997
- Hon. M. Margaret McKeown, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 1998 - 1999
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude, 1996
Senior Notes Editor, Georgetown Law Journal
- Yale University, B.A., History, cum laude, 1991
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington