Firmwide Vice-Chair, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Practice
Kurt Linsenmayer is a partner and vice-chair of the firm's Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practice. For over 20 years his practice has focused on ERISA, federal tax and other rules applicable to pension plans, executive benefits and health and welfare programs, including as an in-house attorney of a Fortune 500 company. Kurt provides drafting and counseling advice to many public and private clients and routinely supports all benefits aspects of mergers and acquisitions, financings and other corporate transactions. His practice also extends to representing clients before the IRS, U.S. Department of Labor, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation and in litigation in federal and state courts.
Kurt is a frequent writer and speaker for various legal seminars sponsored by employee benefits organizations, including Thomson/EBIA and the Western Pension and Benefits Conference. He is co-author of the industry leading 401(k) Plans manual published by Thomson/EBIA and he continues to contribute to it.
- Ranked in Washington (Band 1) for Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation in Chambers USA, 2010 - 2013
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics, “Washington's Super Lawyers", 2010 - 2012
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, 2006 - Present
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- American Bar Association, Tax Section Member
- Western Pension and Benefits Conference, Member
- Seattle Pension Roundtable, Member
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation, Attorney, 1989 - 1996
- Seattle University School of Law, J.D., 1989
- University of Washington, B.A., English, 1986