Karla Axell focuses her practice on environmental litigation and counseling, and regulatory counseling. Karla has represented clients in litigation regarding CERCLA liability and contribution, and in litigation regarding liability/compliance under the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act, NEPA, and Uranium Mill Tailings Remediation and Control Act (UMTRCA). She has counseled clients regarding state and federal permitting and compliance under the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, EPCRA, RCRA, NEPA and UMTRCA. She has also represented clients in tribal employment rights actions as well as complex litigation in several areas, including securities, professional malpractice, breach of contract, misrepresentation and domestic relations.
- Bogle & Gates P.L.L.C., Seattle, WA, Associate, 1993 - 1999
- University of Hawaii, W.S. Richardson School of Law, J.D., Certificate in Environmental Law, 1993
Casenotes Editor, University of Hawaii Law Review
- University of Washington, B.S., Molecular and Cellular Biology, 1983
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin