Jumpstart Our Business Startups ("JOBS") Act
Recently passed by Congress and signed into law by President Obama, the Jumpstart Our Business Startups ("JOBS") Act will significantly impact the way companies access capital markets as a result of the landmark changes it makes to existing securities laws.
Join Perkins Coie panelists as they provide an overview of the act and explore the implications it may have on companies who are seeking to raise capital. Topics to be covered include:
- The new "emerging growth company" class of issuer and its corresponding benefits (i.e. the "IPO On-Ramp")
- The new "crowdfunding" exemption
- Elimination of general solicitation and advertising restrictions for certain private offerings
- Increase of the registration threshold for issuers from 500 shareholders to 2,000 shareholders
- Effective increase of the small issues exemption from $5 million to $50 million
- Practical considerations and effective dates for the various provisions of the JOBS Act
Wednesday, May 2, 2012CLE Credit
5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m PST
Check-in: 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Presentation: 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Networking Reception - 7:00 - 7:30 p.m.
Click here to register to attend the Palo Alto office in-person event.
We will apply for 1.0 hour of general CLE credit in California for those attending an in-person event. Please be sure to sign in when you arrive. If you have questions about this program, please contact
or at 650.838.4437.