Jeremy Ross is a litigator focusing on complex commercial, product liability, and aviation litigation in state and federal courts, before state and federal agencies, and in arbitration. He has also represented clients involved in criminal and civil government investigations. Jeremy has counseled clients in employment law, entertainment law, and professional liability, and regularly counsels product sellers on terms, conditions, and warranties.
- Represented Boeing and two of its senior executives in a securities fraud class action. After Boeing won dismissal with prejudice in the district court, the court of appeals found that plaintiffs’ counsel had made “confident assurances in their complaints about a confidential source . . . even though none of the lawyers had spoken to the source,” and accused plaintiffs’ counsel of “ostrich tactics” for failing to inquire with their source. The court also recognized that plaintiffs’ counsel had engaged in similar misconduct in other cases, holding that “[r]ecidivism is relevant in assessing sanctions” on remand. See City of Livonia Employees’ Retirement System v. The Boeing Company, Nos. 12-1899 and 12-2009, --- F.3d ---- (7th Cir. March 26, 2013). Read the opinion here.
- Represented MGA Entertainment in copyright litigation over the rights to the BRATZ doll line.
- Represented Boeing in connection with a Senate Armed Services Committee inquiry.
- Represented URS Corporation in an international commercial arbitration and concurrent U.S. proceedings relating to a contract for reclamation of a Lebanese landfill.
- Represented Boeing in connection with the investigation of and passenger claims arising from the decompression of commercial aircraft.
- American Bar Association, Product Liability Committee Website, Co-Editor, 2012 - present
- American Bar Association, Committee on Corporate Counsel Newsletter, Associate Editor, 2007 - 2012
- Perkins Coie Library Committee
- Loyola Law School (Los Angeles), Instructor, Trial Advocacy, Fall 2007
- Federal Bar Association
- Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, Los Angeles, CA, Litigation Associate, 2006 - 2008; Summer Associate, 2005
- Minnesota Court of Appeals, St. Paul, MN, Intern to The Hon. Jill Flaskamp Halbrooks, 2004
- Hon. John W. Sedwick, U.S. District Court for the District of Alaska, 2008 - 2010
- Tulane University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2006
Article & Book Review Editor, Tulane Law Review
- University of Minnesota, B.A., Classical Greek & Latin, 2001
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California