Jill Ripke is a counsel with the firm's Commercial Litigation and Employment practices and focuses her practice on complex class action cases. Jill has defended companies in employment class action matters dealing claims of misclassification, unpaid overtime, unpaid meal and rest breaks and unpaid off-the-clock work. Jill has also defended companies in class action antitrust cases involving Sherman Act Section 1 claims. She has substantial experience in class action cases, including early strategic assessment, defeat of collective and class action certification, supervision of electronic document review, managing discovery request responses, oversight of expert witnesses, deposing named plaintiffs and drafting summary judgment motions.
Pro bono work is also a part of Jill’s practice. She has represented an individual in an asylum action and is part of the Bet Tzedek Holocaust Reparations Pro Bono Project, helping multiple Holocaust survivors obtain reparations. Jill also speaks at client updates regarding employment law.
- State Bar of Arizona
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Perkins Coie Brown & Bain P.A., Phoenix, AZ, Summer Associate, 2005
- City Attorney's Office, Iowa City, IA, Intern, Spring 2005
- University of Iowa College of Law, J.D., with distinction, 2006
Note and Comment Editor, Journal of Corporation Law
- Wartburg College, B.A., Business Administration and Economics, summa cum laude, 2003