Jerica Peters is an associate with the firm's Litigation practice, focusing primarily on patent litigation. She assists clients that are involved in patent infringement cases and has a particular interest in the damages side of patent litigation.
Jerica is also a member of the White Collar & Investigations group and the Healthcare industry group. Before becoming an attorney, Jerica worked as a Compliance Auditor in the legal department for a healthcare system. In that position, she assisted with the compliance program, EMTALA, HIPAA, healthcare policies and procedures, state and federal investigations, patient issues, and licensure matters. She currently assists clients with healthcare-related investigations and issues.
Jerica also works on constitutional challenges, business litigation, and various pro bono matters.
Sandra Day O'Connor Inn of Court, Member, 2008 - present
- U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Arizona, Criminal Division, Phoenix, AZ, Legal Extern, 2009
- Hon. Michael Daly Hawkins, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Phoenix, AZ, Judicial Extern, 2008
- Perkins Coie Brown & Bain, Phoenix, AZ, Summer Associate, 2008
- Hon. Susan Bolton, U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, Phoenix, AZ, Judicial Extern, 2007
- U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Arizona, Civil Division, Phoenix, AZ, Legal Extern, 2007
- Coppersmith Gordon Schermer & Brockelman PLC, Phoenix, AZ, Legal Intern, 2007
- Northern Arizona Healthcare, Legal Department, Flagstaff, AZ, Compliance Auditor, 1999 - 2006
- Hon. A. John Pelander, Arizona Supreme Court, 2009 - 2010
- Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law Arizona State University, J.D., Law, Science, and Technology Certificate with a specialization in Health Law, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2009, Senior Articles Editor, Jurimetrics Journal
- University of Washington, M.B.A., Concentration in Finance and Marketing, 1998
- Duke University, M.A., Biochemistry and Genetics, 1995
- University of Wyoming, B.S., Molecular Biology, with honors, 1993
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals