James DeRoche is a member of the firm's Commercial Litigation practice. He focuses his practice on real estate, including receiverships, foreclosures, earnouts, guaranty actions, and general real estate related litigation. He has had wide experience handling matters involving employment, antitrust and unfair competition, intellectual property, commercial leases, franchise and construction litigation (including trademark), secured transactions, products liability, insurance and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). He has tried multiple cases in state and federal court and has argued several matters before the state appellate courts.
Having participated in over one hundred settlement conferences and mediations, James is experienced in representing parties in litigation on a wide variety of legal matters including franchising and distribution, intellectual property, antitrust, contract disputes, appellate mediation, construction, real estate, legal malpractice, medical malpractice, and personal injury. He has also served as an arbitrator and mediator on numerous occasions.
- State Bar of California, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- Crosby, Heafey, Roach & May, P.C., Los Angeles, CA, Partner, 1990 - 2002
- Clinnin, Siracuse & Belcher, Los Angeles, CA, Partner, 1981 - 1990
- Clinnin, Siracuse & Belcher, Los Angeles, CA, Associate, 1976 - 1980
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, J.D., 1975
- Santa Clara University, B.A., 1971
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California