Intellectual Property |
In today's economy, a company is often defined in the global marketplace by its success in procuring, managing and enforcing its intellectual property. Perkins Coie's lawyers work closely with clients to develop comprehensive solutions to complicated intellectual property issues that companies face at all stages of growth.
Ranked by Law360 as one of the largest IP practices in the country, our practice includes more than 250 lawyers focused on IP litigation, patent and trademark prosecution, technology licensing, copyrights, and trade secret and unfair competition counseling. Our clients include companies in all technologies and industries around the world. The IP practice also has extensive experience litigating patent and trademark infringement actions, Internet-related disputes and gray market and anti-counterfeiting claims for companies in the software, online retail, search and electronics industries. Our clients benefit from our interdisciplinary approach to matters, which combines extensive legal and technical experience with strong corporate and litigation resources in a leading technology law firm.
- "Law Firm of the Year for Patent Law" - U.S. News - Best Lawyers 2012 - 2013
- Listed as a 2013 Top Patent Law Firm, Intellectual Property Today
- Ranked #4 nationally, for preparing and prosecuting the highest quality patents in the 2012 & 2013 Intellectual Asset Management magazine/Ocean Tomo quality report
- Ranked in the Top 10 firms for patent quality in the Information Technology area by Ocean Tomo and Intellectual Asset Management Magazine
- Sixth most hired law firm in the country for patent litigation defense and seventh for overall patent litigation in the country as ranked by Corporate Counsel Patent Litigation Survey, 2012
- Ranked by Law360 as having one of the largest IP practices in the country
- Ranked by Law360 and IP Law & Business as having one of the largest patent litigation practices in the U.S.