Grant Kinsel is a partner in the firm's Patent Litigation practice. Grant represents clients in cases involving diverse technological areas touching on his clients' core businesses. Examples include cases involving graphics processing technology, memory structures and power usage, MEM-systems, speech recognition and natural language processing, RFID, and UHF and VHF communications systems. Grant has extensive courtroom experience in the most patent-litigation heavy dockets in the country, including the Eastern District of Texas, the Northern District of California, and the Central District of California.
Grant's intellectual property litigation experience also includes representing clients in matters relating to design patents, copyrights, trademark, trade secret, and unfair competition litigation. Grant's experience also includes representing clients at the interface of criminal law and intellectual property law, including investigations and litigation arising out of alleged criminal trademark infringement and theft of trade secrets.
- Named a Southern California "Rising Star" by Law & Politics Media Inc., 2007
- Named a Rising Star in Intellectual Property Litigation by California Lawyer, 2005, 2006
- California Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, 1994
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., Philosophy and Physics, 1991
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit