Frank Grant is a senior counsel with the firm's Business practice. Frank has been practicing law for over 17 years, representing entrepreneurs, emerging growth companies, venture capital firms and investors. He focuses his practice on assisting clients in solving business problems, executing business strategies and achieving critical business objectives. Frank has particular experience with general corporate and securities matters, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity fund formation, intellectual property and strategic alliances.
Frank regularly counsels public and private companies and investors in corporate transactions, corporate governance matters and securities law compliance matters. He has extensive experience with public and private mergers and acquisitions, asset acquisitions and dispositions, private placements and venture capital financings. He has represented numerous private and public companies in the acquisition and sale of full business enterprises, subsidiaries, divisions, and other select assets. He also represents operating companies, management groups, founders and investors in various transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, debt and equity financings, distribution and supply arrangements and other strategic transactions.
Frank is a member of the Yurok Tribe of California and is admitted to practice in tribal courts in Arizona, California and Nevada. He advises clients on a wide range of tribal related matters, including federal Indian law, gaming, energy and other economic development opportunities. He has experience in numerous Native American issues, including sovereign immunity, tribal sovereignty, the Indian Gaming and Regulatory Act, tribal compacts, tribal contracts and leases, and Indian tax issues. Frank assists in the development of diverse economic enterprises to invest in infrastructure and support tribal governmental programs. He also advises on the formation of tribal economic development corporations and assists tribes with investing in business interests ranging from restaurants and hotels, to retail shopping centers and energy generation facilities.
Frank’s representation of entrepreneurs, emerging growth companies, venture capital firms and investors focuses primarily on the following:
- representing start-up and emerging growth companies at all stages of their development;
- assisting corporate, angel and venture capital firms with their investment transactions;
- forming venture capital and investment funds and providing advice to fund managers about their ongoing operations;
- leading strategic transactions, including public offerings, joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions and restructurings; and
- counseling clients on board management and corporate governance issues.
Connect with Frank via LinkedIn
- Stanford University, M.B.A., 2001
- Stanford Law School, J.D., 1996
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., Economics and Political Science, with high honors, 1993