Fiona Brophy is a corporate partner in the firm’s Palo Alto office, with more than 15 years of experience counseling technology companies engaged in wide range of industries including e-commerce, mobile and social media, interactive entertainment and gaming, digital media, information technology, cloud services and storage and cleantech. She focuses her practice on corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, venture and debt financing, commercial transactions and has represented private companies, venture capital funds and corporate investors in hundreds of financing transactions, complex restructurings and spin-off transactions. Fiona has a robust M&A practice, representing buyers and sellers in both domestic and cross-border transactions ranging in size from several million dollars to hundreds of millions of dollars. Representative clients include Microsoft Corporation, Box, Inc., Trulia, Inc., Genia Technologies, Inc., Applifier and Titan Aerospace Holdings, Inc..
Fiona is a member of the firm’s Corporate Governance and Transactions and Emerging Companies and Venture Capital practice groups and serves on the firmwide Legal Opinion Committee and the Palo Alto Hiring Committee.
Representative Emerging Company Clients
Representative Mergers & Acquisitions
- Adspace Networks Inc. (digital media)
- Box, Inc. (cloud services)
- Animoto Inc. (interactive media)
- BuildingIQ (cleantech)
- Microsoft Corporation (acquisition of StorSimple, Inc. and Image Systems)
- Box, Inc. (acqusition of Crocodoc, Inc.)
- Tralie (acquisition of Minority Inc.)
- Titan Aerospace Holdings, Inc. (sale to Google)
- Genia Technologies, Inc. (sale to Roche Molecular)
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Committees: Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity & Venture Capital, Legal Opinions
- California Bar Association
Quinn Emanuel Urquhart Oliver & Hedges LLP, Redwood City, CA, Associate
Christensen, Miller, Fink, Jacobs, Glaser, Weil & Shapiro LLP, Los Angeles, CA, Associate
- University of California, Berkeley School of Law, (formerly Boalt Hall)
- University of California, Los Angeles, M.A.
- Georgetown University, magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California