Ezra Reese focuses his practice on political law and nonprofit tax law. He counsels clients on campaign finance issues for federal and state elected officials, political parties, other political organizations, trade associations and issue organizations. He also represents public charities and nonprofit organizations with respect to Internal Revenue Service restrictions, in particular those regarding lobbying and political activities. He also counsels organizations on issues relating to lobbying disclosure and ethics issues, including the regulation of gifts to and travel by Members of Congress and employees and officials of Executive Branch agencies. He has represented clients before the Federal Election Commission, before the Internal Revenue Service, and in federal court on campaign finance and nonprofit tax issues.
- Perkins Coie LLP, Summer Associate, 2002
- Verner Lipfert Bernhard McPherson & Hand LLP, Summer Associate, 2001
- Steptoe & Johnson LLP, Summer Associate, 2000
- Hon. Sandra Lynch, U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 2002 - 2003
- Harvard University, A.B., Philosophy, magna cum laude, 1997
- Harvard Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2002