Energy Regulation & Policy |
Perkins Coie attorneys have extensive experience representing investor-owned gas and electric utilities, independent power producers, pipeline companies, power marketing companies, transmission companies and their customers in regulatory proceedings before federal and state administrative agencies and in legislative efforts. We regularly work with trade associations, government officials and industry groups to help our clients communicate their ideas and goals to the energy industry and policymakers.
Our experience includes:
- Representation of applicants and intervenors in contested proceedings before state commissions and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, including gas and electric general rate cases, electric transmission cases, pipeline and gas storage certification proceedings, hydro licensing and re-opener proceedings, market-based rate applications and merger applications;
- Testimony before legislative bodies and committees, and analysis of legislative initiatives;
- Development and presentation of comments in rulemaking proceedings and participation in related stakeholder workshops;
- Negotiation with federal and state environmental and power marketing agencies, as well as with regional energy policy bodies;
- Provision of technical assistance and development of testimony on best available science and best management practices in conjunction with state and local efforts to regulate energy utilities and local distribution systems through land use regulations; and
- Representation of market participants before all of the organized independent system operator/regional transmission organization systems.