Firmwide Chair, Healthcare Industry
David Robbins chairs the firm's Healthcare Industry Group and is a partner with the firm's Litigation practice, where he handles complex commercial litigation. For almost three decades, David's practice has focused on representing health care clients in litigation involving regulatory compliance, including false claims, anti-kickback, physician self-referral, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, antitrust, scientific misconduct and health care licensing issues. His clients include major academic medical centers, hospitals, clinical laboratories and pathology practices, health maintenance organizations, physicians, long term care facilities, pharmacy providers, medical device and pharmaceutical manufacturers, home health agencies and durable medical equipment providers across the country. He has successfully defended providers in cases involving alleged antitrust, false claims, regulatory compliance, food and drug, and scientific misconduct issues, as well as prosecuted healthcare reimbursement claims involving Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE and private payors.
A major component of David's practice is counseling clients on avoiding and redressing compliance issues. He speaks frequently across the country to members of the health care and legal communities about fraud and abuse compliance issues, reimbursement matters and other related issues.
- Washington State Bar Association, Health Law Section, Chair, 1998 - 1999
- Washington State Society of Healthcare Attorneys, Board of Directors, 1994 - 1996
- American Health Lawyers Association
Bennett Bigelow & Leedom, Seattle, WA, Shareholder
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D.
- Clark University, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit