David Perez is an associate in the firm's Litigation practice, handling complex civil litigation matters. Representative clients include companies in aviation, manufacturing, and technology industries, as well as the financial sector. David has extensive appellate experience having worked on briefs at all levels of state and federal government, and having argued in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the Washington Court of Appeals. David also maintains a robust pro bono practice that focuses on issues related to civil rights, voting rights, and constitutional law.
Prior to joining Perkins Coie, David served as the Assistant Director of the Fred T. Korematsu Center for Law & Equality at Seattle University's School of Law, where he co-taught a course on civil rights and filed amicus briefs on issues related to civil rights. While at the Korematsu Center, David also helped draft the Washington Voting Rights Act, and testified in favor of the bill as its lead drafter in the State House and Senate. David received his B.A. from Gonzaga University where he was selected as the student commencement speaker, and his J.D. from Yale Law School.
- Recipient of the Latino/a Bar Association of Washington's 2013 "President's Award"
- Attorney General-elect Bob Ferguson, Transition Team
- Latino/a Bar Association of Washington, Judicial Evaluations Committee, Co-Chair
- King County Bar Association
- Fred T. Korematsu Center for Law & Equality, Fellow
- Task Force on Race and the Criminal Justice System in Washington State
- Schools First, Board Member
- Ballard Food Bank, Board Member
- Queen Anne Chamber of Commerce, Board Member
- The Washington Bus, Board Member
- Leadership Tomorrow, Class of 2012 (selected as class speaker)
- Fred T. Korematsu Center for Law and Equality, Seattle University School of Law, Seattle, WA, Assistant Director, 2011 - 2012
- Perkins Coie LLP, Seattle, WA, Summer Associate, 2009
- U.S. Attorney’s Office, Seattle, WA, Law Clerk
- Hon. Robert R. Beezer, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 2010 - 2011
- Yale Law School, J.D., 2010
Development Editor, Yale Journal of International Law
- Gonzaga University, B.A., Latin American Studies; Political Science, magna cum laude, 2007
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington