David Matheson, a partner in the firm's Business practice, counsels clients on raising capital through public and private equity and debt offerings and on acquiring, restructuring and disposing of businesses and assets. David also advises domestic and foreign public companies, including master limited partnerships, on their reporting obligations under SEC and national securities exchange rules, and assists boards of directors and management on corporate governance and general business issues. Industries in which David's clients are involved include manufacturing, software, technology, retail, energy and transportation.
David has led three completed IPOs and co-led one IPO filing since 2005.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2012 - Present: Securities/Capital Markets Law
- Ranked by Chambers USA, as “America’s Leading Business Lawyers," 2005 - present
- Listed in Oregon Law & Politics, "Oregon Super Lawyers," 2006 - present
- Listed in Legal 500 United States, "Mergers, Acquisitions and Buyouts," 2008 - 2009
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- Oregon State Bar Association, Executive Committee of Business Law Section, 2012 - present; Treasurer, 2013
- Oregon State Bar Association, Executive Committee of Securities Regulation Section, 2005 - 2011; Chair, 2010
- Oregon Entrepreneurs Network, Board of Directors, 2005 - 2006; Development Committee, 2004
- Shearman & Sterling LLP, Los Angeles, CA, Associate, 1991 - 1995
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 1991
Executive Editor, Federal Communications Law Journal
- University of California, Los Angeles, M.B.A., 1991
- Stanford University, A.B., with distinction, 1987