David Gold is an associate in the firm's Business practice concentrating on financial restructuring, bankruptcy, general commercial litigation and distressed real estate foreclosures and workouts. He represents debtors, creditors and trustees in bankruptcy proceedings. He has experience in Chapter 11 reorganizations, Chapter 7 liquidations and hotel industry restructurings.
For example, David has served as debtor's counsel and lender's counsel in hotel bankruptcies, successfully dismissed a Chapter 11 case on behalf of a secured creditor and negotiated settlements of adversary proceedings.
David also has experience with CMBS securitized loan workouts and has prosecuted foreclosure actions for commercial properties, including hotels, office buildings, shopping centers and single-use properties. He has successfully petitioned for appointment of receivers and prosecuted breaches of guarantees, including against estates.
His CMBS and foreclosure practice includes courts throughout the Midwest, including the states of Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska and North Dakota, as well as California and Florida.
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Unemployment Compensation Appeals Clinic (UAC), Madison, WI, Volunteer Worker, 2006 - 2009
- Center for Disability and Elder Law, Chicago, IL, Volunteer Worker, 2005 - 2006
- Legal Assistance to Institutionalized Persons Project (LAIP), Madison, WI, Law Clerk, 2007 - 2008
- Sidley Austin LLP, Chicago, IL, Project Assistant, 2005 - 2006
- University of Pittsburgh, Hillman Cancer Center, Pittsburgh, PA, Research Specialist II, 2004 - 2005
- University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2009
Articles Editor, Wisconsin Law Review
- Kenyon College, B.A., Biology and Anthropology, with distinction, 2004
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa