David Clarke, a Partner in Perkins Coie’s national Business Practice, focuses on the representation of emerging growth companies, middle market businesses, public companies, venture funds and private equity funds. David's practice emphasizes mergers and acquisitions, private equity and growth equity transactions, venture capital financings, public offerings and corporate governance. David works with privately held clients at all stages of development, serving as outside general counsel and as a key advisor on M&A and corporate finance transactions. In addition, David represents leading venture and private equity funds in portfolio company investments. David is a regular speaker on M&A, venture capital and private equity topics.
- Named the Best Lawyers’ Seattle "Securities / Capital Markets Law Lawyer of the Year," 2014
- Listed in Chambers USA, “America’s Leading Business Lawyers”
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2007 - Present: Corporate Law; Mergers & Acquisitions Law; Securities/Capital Markets Law; Venture Capital Law
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics, "Washington Super Lawyers" 2007-Present
- Listed in Seattle Metropolitan Magazine, "Seattle's Best Lawyers"
- Listed as a top lawyer in Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate and Venture Capital by Washington CEO/Avvo
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), Seattle Chapter, Board Member
- Technology Alliance, Board of Trustees, 2003 - present
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Washington State Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Seattle Repertory Theater, Board of Trustees, 2004 - 2007
- Nimble Technology Inc., Seattle, WA, Chief Operating Officer, 2000 - 2001
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 1991
Notes Editor, George Washington Law Review
- Williams College, B.A., 1987