David Clarke, a partner in Perkins Coie's national Business practice group, focuses on the representation of emerging growth companies, middle market companies, family-owned and closely-held businesses and publicly traded companies. David also represents private equity funds, venture capital funds and private investors in structuring and closing equity investments. David's practice emphasizes mergers and acquisitions, private equity and growth equity transactions, recapitalizations and restructurings, venture capital and angel financings, public securities offerings and corporate governance. In addition, David serves as outside general counsel and a key advisor for many of his privately held clients. David is a regular speaker on M&A, venture capital and private equity topics.
- Named the Best Lawyers’ Seattle "Securities / Capital Markets Law Lawyer of the Year," 2014; "Venture Capital Law Lawyer of the Year," 2013, 2015
- Listed in Chambers USA, “America’s Leading Business Lawyers”
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2007 - Present: Corporate Law; Mergers & Acquisitions Law; Securities/Capital Markets Law; Venture Capital Law
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics, "Washington Super Lawyers" 2007-Present
- Listed in Seattle Metropolitan Magazine, "Seattle's Best Lawyers"
- Listed as a top lawyer in Mergers & Acquisitions, Corporate and Venture Capital by Washington CEO/Avvo
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Washington State Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Seattle Repertory Theater, Board of Trustees, 2004 - 2007
- Nimble Technology Inc., Seattle, WA, Chief Operating Officer, 2000 - 2001
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 1991
Notes Editor, George Washington Law Review
- Williams College, B.A., 1987