Dori Brewer is a partner with more than 25 years of experience in the areas of corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, strategic business transactions, joint ventures, partnerships, limited liability companies, and advising closely-held companies and family-owned businesses. She serves as outside general counsel to a number of significant private companies. Her clients include Oberto Brands, Continental Mills, Clise Properties, Costco Wholesale Corporation, Columbia West Properties Inc. and Seattle Pacific Industries.
Dori leads the firm's Food and Beverage industry practice and has extensive experience in other consumer products industries as well, including apparel, footwear, and retail. She advises clients on commercial contracts and transactions including product development, supply, manufacturing, co-pack, private label, marketing, distribution, and trademark license agreements. Her merger and acquisition work includes representing both buyers and sellers of businesses in various industries. She has represented founders and family-owned companies selling businesses to strategic buyers, private equity groups and company management.
Dori also works closely with owners of family-owned businesses to develop governance structures to support growth and stability of the business and to develop succession plans, whether leading to a sale of the company, raising capital from outside investors, or a continuation of the business with the next generation of family members.
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics, "Washington's Super Lawyers," 2004 - 2012
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2003 - Present
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- Washington State Bar Association, Business Law Section, Chair, 2004 - 2005; Executive Committee Member, 2001 - 2006
- Washington State Bar Association, Business Law Section, Corporate Act Revision Committee, 2005 - present; Partnership and Limited Liability Company Law Committee, 1995 - present
- Cornell Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1984
Editor, Cornell International Law Journal
- University of Washington, B.B.A., Accounting, and B.A., Speech Communication, 1981 magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa