Taipei Office Managing Partner
Chun Ng is a partner in the Intellectual Property practice based in both Seattle and Taipei. Chun’s practice involves providing strategic intellectual property counseling, patent diligence and enforcement, and litigation support to some of the most innovative companies in the world. His clients include HTC Corp., Monolithic Power Systems Inc., Intel, Microsoft Corporation, TriQuint Semiconductor Inc., and Lattice Semiconductor Corporation. For these companies and others, he has handled numerous intellectual property matters and managed adversarial proceedings around the world, particularly in Asia. As such, he has significant technical experience in areas such as wireless protocols (UMTS, 802.11, LTE), analog and digital circuit design, semiconductor memory and processing, and microprocessors.
Chun has handled numerous inter partes proceedings in the U.S. Patent Office and has briefed and argued several appeals to the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. Often these proceedings are closely coordinated with pending patent litigation involving the same patents. Through this practice, Chun has developed a hybrid practice of patent litigation, contentious Patent Office proceedings, patent licensing, and patent prosecution.
In addition to an active IP practice, Chun has strong management skills, having previously served as Chair of the firmwide Intellectual Property practice from 2005 until 2011. He previously served on the Executive Committee of the firm, and is currently the Taiwan Office Managing Partner.
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics, “Washington’s Super Lawyers,” 2007 - Present
- Selected for Puget Sound Business Journal, “40 Under 40,” 1999
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2010 - Present: Litigation - Patent; Patent Law
- Washington State Bar Association
- Asian Bar Association of Washington, President, 1998
- Asian Bar Association of Washington, Board Member, 1995 - 1998
- Kin On Health Care Center, Board of Directors
- Blakely Sokoloff Taylor & Zafman LLP, Seattle, WA, Office Managing Partner, 1999 - 2002; Firmwide Management Committee, 2001 - 2002
- Christensen O’Connor Johnson Kindness PLLC, Seattle, WA, Associate, 1991 - 1997; Partner, 1998 - 1999
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D., 1991
- University of Washington, B.S., Electrical Engineering, 1988
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office