Chip Mulaney is a counsel in the firm's Litigation practice. His practice includes commercial and product liability litigation, internal investigations and white collar defense. Chip has handled a wide range of litigation in trial and appellate courts throughout the United States and abroad. He has represented clients in the health care, pharmaceutical and medical device industries in matters involving clinical trials, health care fraud and regulatory compliance. Chip has defended over 20 product liability actions against aviation manufacturers, including government contractors in military aircraft accident cases. In addition, Chip has represented clients in securities fraud matters, particularly in response to Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) investigations.
Chip is a member of the firm's pro bono committee. He has represented pro bono clients in civil and criminal matters and argued pro bono cases in the Northern District of Illinois and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- City Year Chicago, Associates Board
- Legal Assistance Foundation, Young Professionals Board
- Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP, Chicago, IL, Pre-Clerk Summer Associate, 2006
- Latham and Watkins LLP, Chicago, IL, Summer Associate, 2005
- Illinois Office of the Attorney General, Civil Appeals Division, Chicago, IL, Clerk, 2004
- Hon. Mark Filip, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2006 - 2007
- Northwestern University Law School, J.D., cum laude; Order of the Coif, 2006
Senior Articles Editor, Northwestern University Law Review
- Georgetown University, B.A., Government, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois