Cyrus Habib is an attorney in Perkins Coie's Business practice, where he focuses on emerging companies, technology transfer and privacy, and corporate governance and transactions. He assists high-growth technology, venture-backed, and emerging and early-stage companies in a number of industries. He advises companies in angel and venture capital and other finance transactions, board matters, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate and limited liability company formation and structuring. Cyrus also assists clients with an array of other transactions, from licensing deals to asset purchases.
Cyrus grew up on the Eastside of King County, graduating from the Bellevue International School before leaving the state to pursue his higher education at Columbia, Oxford and Yale Law School. In addition to being a Rhodes Scholar, Cyrus is also a Truman Scholar and a Soros Fellow. While in law school, Cyrus was editor of the Yale Law Journal, the school's flagship law review. He has testified before Congress on domestic monetary policy and has authored articles for both popular and academic publications . He has previously worked for Goldman Sachs in New York.
Cyrus serves in the Washington State Legislature, where he represents the 48th District (Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Medina, Clyde Hill, and the Point Communities) in the House of Representatives. He serves as Vice Chair of the House Committee on Technology and Economic Development.
Cyrus also sits on the board of directors of Innovate Washington, the Bellevue College Foundation and the Bellevue Downtown Association. A former Trustee of the Washington Young Lawyers Division, he has served on a number of bar committees and taskforces. He is also active in the Bellevue Rotary Club.
In 2013, Cyrus was named Distinguished Lawmaker in Residence at the Seattle University School of Law. He lives in Kirkland, and enjoys spending time with his family, visiting the region's many and varied restaurants and traveling to reconnect with old friends.
- Yale Law School Association, National Executive Committee Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Committee for Diversity, Committee Member
- Dwyer Inn of Court, Member
- Washington Young Lawyers Division, Trustee (former)
- Innovate Washington, Board Member
- Bellevue College Foundation, Board Member
- Bellevue Downtown Association, Board Member
- Bellevue Rotary Club, Member
- City of Bellevue, Human Services Commissioner (former)
- King County, Civil Rights Commissioner (former)
- Hudson Union Society, Advisory Board Member (former)
- Washington State Legislature, Olympia, WA, State Representative, 2013 - present
- Perkins Coie LLP, Washington, D.C., and Seattle, WA, Summer Associate, 2007 - 2008
- Goldman Sachs, New York, NY, 2007 - 2008
- Google, London, UK, Summer 2007
- Office of Senator Maria Cantwell & The Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C., Summer 2003
- Yale Law School, J.D.
Editor, Yale Law Journal
- University of Oxford, MLitt, English
- Columbia University, B.A., Middle Eastern Studies and English, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit