Summer Program |
Hiring for 2013 2L IP positions has concluded. The following offices are hosting 2013 1L Patent Litigation and/or Patent Prosecution Fellowships: Phoenix, opportunities. Additional information is available on our 1L Patent Litigation and Patent Fellowship page.
Ranked by Law360 as one of the largest in the country, Perkins Coie’s IP practice includes more than 250 lawyers focused on IP litigation, patent and trademark prosecution, technology licensing, copyrights, and trade secret and unfair competition counseling. In today’s economy, a company is often defined in the global marketplace by its success in procuring, managing and enforcing its IP. Perkins Coie’s lawyers work closely with clients to develop comprehensive solutions to complicated IP issues that companies face at all stages of growth.
PatentInventors, entrepreneurs and innovators turn to Perkins Coie’s Patent practice for advice on how to protect their inventions and ideas. Our attorneys have significant experience in the software, wireless, semiconductor, Internet and life sciences areas. Our clients include companies in all technologies and industries around the world.
Patent Litigation Our Patent Litigation lawyers represent Fortune 500 companies in cases involving technologies such as computer science, biotech, semiconductors, telecom, mechanical and electrical engineering, consumer products and medical devices.
Trademark & Copyright Our Trademark & Copyright lawyers help clients identify and protect the integrity of their brands to ensure they distinguish themselves from their competitors. We help clients develop IP strategies and programs, identify and perfect IP rights and assert or defend these rights in court.
Efficiencies & ResourcesOur resources are vast and flexible. We can create IP teams with attorneys, paralegals and other resources from Perkins Coie’s 19 offices throughout the United States and in Asia. And, as part of a full-service firm, our IP attorneys can draw on the experience of colleagues throughout the firm, relying upon them to offer clients advice and guidance in a broad range of legal issues.
- Ranked by Corporate Counsel as the fifth most-hired law firm for patent litigation on the defense side in the United States and seventh overall.
- Ranked by Law360 as having one of the largest IP practices in the country.
- Ranked by Law360 and IP Law & Business as having one of the largest patent litigation practices in the United States.
- Ranked Tier 1 nationally in patent law by U.S. News "Best Law Firms" survey.
- The only Am Law 100 firm ranked in the Top 10 for patent quality by Ocean Tomo and Intellectual Asset Management magazine. (2012)
- Ranked Tier 1 in the Seattle market in trademark law by U.S. News "Best Law Firms" survey. (2011 – 2012)
- Ranked by Intellectual Property Today as one of the top 10 trademark firms nationally. (2010)
- Ranked by Trademark Insider as one of the top 20 firms nationally for U.S. trademark filings. (2010)
- Ranked nationally for trademark prosecution by Managing IP. (2009)
- Ranked regionally (West) for trademark prosecution by Managing IP. (2009)
Victories Successfully defended a leading smartphone manufacturer in a patent infringement case where other defendants settled, but our client was found to not have infringed on the asserted patents.
Obtained summary judgments of non-infringement for a leading gaming company in two different patent infringement cases.