Summer Program |
1L Patent Litigation & Patent Fellowships
The Perkins Coie Patent Litigation and Patent Fellowships provide a $7500 academic scholarship and a paid summer associate position following the first year of law school for 1L students with particular technical backgrounds and an interest in patent litigation and/or patent prosecution. Our summer associates work on real legal matters while working for and learning from attorneys who service the needs of Fortune 100 and 500 companies in industry areas around the nation. Few firms, if any, in the country have our patent litigation expertise and our deep technical bench.
The 1L application process has closed. You may submit your application for a 2014 Fellowship here starting December 1st, 2013.
The Perkins Coie 1L Patent Litigation and Patent Fellows are selected based on the following criteria:
- The individual must be a first-year law student in good standing pursuing a J.D. degree at an ABA-accredited law school.
- Strong academic law school performance.
- Excellent undergraduate and, if applicable, graduate academic performance in a technical program in one of the following fields: electrical engineering, computer engineering, or computer science.
- Previous technical professional experience preferred.
IP Recognition for Perkins Coie
For general questions regarding the Patent Litigation and Patent Fellowships please contact Judah Travis, Law Student Recruiting Manager, at
- Ranked National Tier 1 in Patent Law by U.S. News – Best Lawyers.
- Ranked in the Top 5 firms for patent quality in the Information Technology area by Ocean Tomo and Intellectual Asset Management Magazine.
- Ranked by Corporate Counsel as one of the most hired law firms for patent litigation in the country.
- Ranked by Law360 as having one of the largest IP practices in the country.
- Ranked by Law360 and IP Law & Business as having one of the largest patent litigation practices in the U.S.
- The only AmLaw 100 firm ranked in the Top 10 for patent quality by Ocean Tomo and Intellectual Asset Management Magazine.