Bridget Minder is a partner in the firm's Litigation practice, and a member of the firm's White Collar & Investigations practice. Bridget assists clients in conducting internal investigations, as well as represents clients in connection with investigations by state and federal authorities. She also advises clients on a variety of compliance issues, including compliance with the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and other anti-corruption laws. In addition, Bridget handles commercial litigation matters, including constitutional challenges and defense of consumer class actions, in state, federal and appellate courts.
Investigations and White Collar Defense
- Internal investigation for Fortune 500 company into alleged bribery of local officials by company employees in Africa
- Representation of Fortune 100 company in connection with SEC inquiry regarding alleged violation of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Internal investigation for Fortune 100 company into alleged anti-competitive conduct by employees multiple geographic regions.
- Representation of defense contractor in connection with investigation by federal agents into alleged False Claims Act violations.
- Internal investigation of physician practice group after in-house counsel raised compliance allegations.
- Internal investigation for Arizona State University. Arizona State University: Investigation of Issues Arising Out of the Actions of Loren Wade.
- Defense of individual charged with conspiracy to commit identity theft related to alleged hiring of illegal immigrants who used false documentation to secure employment.
- Representation of witnesses in connection with internal investigations and investigations by state and federal authorities.
- Developed policies, procedures, and training for numerous international corporations to ensure compliance with the FCPA and other anti-corruption laws.
- Drafted codes of conduct and other compliance policies and procedures for a variety of companies.
- Six month secondment to legal compliance department of Fortune 100 company to implement anti-corruption compliance programs. Drafted anti-corruption manual, created anti-corruption training for in-house lawyers and employees, developed procedures for interacting with government officials, and advised in-house lawyers and employees regarding anti-corruption issues.
- Appellate counsel for Governor Napolitano in constitutional challenge brought by the State legislature to the Governor's use of the line-item veto authority violated the Arizona Constitution. The 47th Legislature, et al. v. Napolitano, et al.
- Successful defense of Intel in a putative class action alleging that Intel secretly wrote battery life and other benchmarks for its own benefit and then passed them off to an industry consortium. After the plaintiffs dropped their request for monetary relief and withdrew their class certification motion, the district court granted summary judgment dismissing the claims of several plaintiffs and then dismissed the rest of the case for lack of jurisdiction. In re Intel Laptop Battery Litigation.
- Defense of financial services company in consumer fraud action brought by state attorney general.
- Defense of Fortune 100 company in class action under Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Lead counsel in trial against Arizona Department of Corrections officials for violation of prisoner’s right to practice certain Native American religious exercises.
- Assisted with preparation of successful petition for post-conviction relief, which resulted in release of defendant convicted of double homicide after 37 years in prison.
- Assisted with preparation of Amicus brief challenging Arizona S.B. 1070.
- Named a "Southwest Rising Star" by Super Lawyers, 2012 - 2014
- Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Secretary of the Board, 2013 - 2014
- Arizona Community Legal Services, Board Member, 2014
- Perkins Coie LLP, Phoenix Hiring Committee
- American Diabetes Association, Chair, 2006 - 2007; America's Walk for Diabetes, Phoenix Metro
- Arizona Town Hall, Recorder, 2007
- Sandra Day O'Connor Inn of Court, Member, 2009 - present
- University of Arizona College of Law, Law Student Mentor
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2004
- Wellesley College, B.A., American Studies, cum laude, 1999
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit