Firmwide Co-Chair, Cleantech Practice
Bruce Dick has been practicing business law for more than 20 years, with a focus on companies involved in energy or technology industries. His experience across this blend of industries helps his clients stay abreast of the most relevant legal topics for their business.
Bruce has extensive experience in business legal transactions ranging from formation of corporations, LLCs, and joint ventures; negotiating distribution and sales contracts; and handling asset and stock purchase and sale transactions.
Bruce’s energy industry experience includes representing independent power producers and utilities with regard to their geothermal, recovered energy and other renewable energy projects in the United States and internationally. Bruce has extensive experience drafting, negotiating and closing energy project engineering, procurement and construction contracts, project development contracts, equipment supply contracts, geothermal lease and well drilling agreements, power purchase agreements, O&M agreements, project finance agreements and project purchase and sale agreements.
Within the cleantech, e-commerce, medical device, software and technology industries, Bruce has represented clients in intellectual property acquisition, development, distribution, e-commerce and license agreements, strategic alliances and emerging company formation and legal issues.
- Named the The Best Lawyers’ 2012 "Seattle Technology Law Lawyer of the Year"
- Listed in Washington Law & Politics, “Washington’s Super Lawyers,” 2007 - 2012
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
(AV®, BV® and CV® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies.)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2010 - Present: Corporate Law; Technology Law
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, with high honors, 1982
Executive Notes and Comments Editor, Washington Law Review
- University of Washington, M.B.A., 1982
- University of Washington, B.A., Business Administration, Phi Beta Kappa, 1978