Firmwide Chair, Emerging Companies & Venture Capital Practice; Co-Chair, Israel Practice
Buddy Arnheim, a partner in the firm's Business practice, focuses his practice on the representation of emerging growth companies, venture capital funds and other early stage investors, and investment banks. Buddy is widely acknowledged as one of the premier practitioners in the venture capital industry, and is widely referenced for his experience in the areas of corporate and securities law and corporate governance matters. He has been involved in hundreds of transactions such as public equity and debt offerings, merger/acquisition transactions, private equity and venture capital financing transactions, and complex restructurings and spin-off transactions.
Buddy's clientele includes startup and well-established emerging growth companies, primarily in the software, information technology, Internet, fixed and mobile communications technology, cleantech and life sciences sectors. He is founder and chairman of the firm's Emerging Company practice and co-chairs the firm's Israel and Cleantech practices. In his spare time, Buddy serves as an adjunct professor at the University of Illinois College of Law, where he teaches a course on entrepreneurship. Buddy has lectured at various professional and industry seminars as well as at nationally recognized universities. He co-authored “The Public Company Handbook: A Practical Guide for Officers and Directors,” published by Bowne Financial Printing.
Take a closer look at the Perkins Coie Emerging Company Video Seminar Series hosted by Buddy Arnheim.
- Listed in San Francisco Magazine "Top Attorneys In Northern California," 2008
- Named in San Jose/Silicon Valley Business Journal "Top 40 Under 40" 2006
- Listed in San Francisco Magazine "Super Lawyers of Northern California," 2005 - 2008
- John Austin Cheley Foundation, Board Member
- California Israel Chamber of Commerce (CICC), Board Member
- Guest lecturer at Stanford University, Tel Aviv University, UC Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon, and several Bay Area community colleges
- Mid-Peninsula Jewish Community Center, Board of Directors
- University of Illinois College of Law, Adjunct Professor
- Gunderson Dettmer Stough Villenueve Franklin & Hachigian, LLP, Menlo Park, CA, Senior Associate and Founding Member
- Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison, Palo Alto, CA, Associate
- Altheimer & Grey, Chicago, IL, Summer Associate; Associate
- University of Illinois, Undergraduate School of Business, Champaign-Urbana, IL, Teaching Assistant
- University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School of Business, B.S., Economics, magna cum laude