Amy Simpson is a partner in the Patent Litigation group in San Diego. Amy specializes in intellectual property matters including patent litigation, intellectual property due diligence, patent prosecution and procurement and strategic client counseling. Amy has extensive patent litigation experience involving a broad range of complex computer and electrical related technologies including, semiconductor fabrication, computer networks, software, telecommunications and e-commerce. She has represented numerous Fortune 500 companies, international companies and emerging companies in a variety of federal jurisdictions.
Amy served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Paul Michel at the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. In addition, Amy has authored numerous articles regarding recent trends in patent law and litigation and has been an invited guest speaker at the National Association of Patent Practitioners annual meeting.
- Recognized by The Recorder in its annual "Women Leaders in Tech Law" list, 2013
- Board of Directors for the Angels Foster Family Network, Member
- Paul, Hastings, Janofsky & Walker LLP, San Diego, CA, Associate
- Judicial Intern for the Honorable Paul Michel, U.S. States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, 2000
- The George Washington University, M.S., Computer Science, 2002
- Franklin Pierce Law Center, J.D., 2000
- University of Idaho, B.S., 1996
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office