Andrew has nearly 30 years of experience managing and trying significant, high-profile cases and counseling clients on contractual and regulatory matters. Approximately half this time he spent in law department management where he supervised high-risk, large-dollar cases and led a team that created and implemented his client’s first preferred provider program for outside counsel. In addition, he founded and co-chaired a litigation forum for one of the nation's largest in-house bar associations, focusing specifically on the needs and interests of in-house litigators. Andrew has spoken and written extensively on litigating contract claims, alternative dispute resolution and developing successful inside-outside counsel relationships. He serves on the ABA Section of Litigation’s Federal Practice Task Force.
Over the course of his career, Andrew has handled a wide range of matters in courts across the United States and overseas, including government and commercial contract claims, False Claims Act cases, bid protests, IP disputes, products liability and GOCO environmental matters. In addition, he has represented clients in government and internal investigations.
- Named the Outstanding In-House Counsel of the Year for the Washington D.C. Greater Metropolitan Area by WMACCA, 2007
- Profiled in Legal Times, On the Record, 2006
- Washington Metropolitan Corporate Counsel Association, Litigation Forum, Founder and Co-Chair, 2005 - 2007; 2010 - 2012; Board of Directors, 2008 - 2012
- ABA Section of Litigation Federal Practice Task Force, 2009 - present
- ABA Section of Litigation Corporate Counsel Committee, Programming Co-Chair, 2013 Annual Conference
- Street Law Diversity Pipeline program for high schools in greater D.C. metropolitan area, Chair, 2007 - 2011
- Northrop Grumman Corporation, McLean, VA, Assistant General Counsel, 2006 - 2012; Senior Corporate Counsel, 1999 - 2006; Senior Counsel, 1995 - 1999
- Goodwin Procter & Hoar, Boston, MA, Partner, 1992 - 1995; Associate, 1987 - 1992
- Piper & Marbury, Associate, 1984 - 1986
- Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1984
- University of Maryland, B.S., Journalism, magna cum laude, 1981
- District of Columbia