Arthur Haubenstock is a senior counsel in the Environment, Energy & Resources (EER) practice based out of San Francisco. Arthur was most recently Vice President for Regulatory Affairs at BrightSource Energy, Inc., a leading solar thermal energy company. Prior to joining BrightSource in 2008, Arthur was an attorney for Pacific Gas and Electric, handling matters pertaining to renewable energy, resource adequacy and market design at the California Independent System Operator Corporation, California Public Utilities Commission and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. In addition, Arthur previously served as Assistant Regional Counsel for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region IX, where he was responsible for clean air, solid and hazardous waste, and toxic matters, including redevelopment of Superfund and other contaminated sites.
Arthur has significant experience navigating the complex state and federal procedures that are necessary to bring state-of-the-art renewable energy projects on line. His leadership in developing aspects of energy law and policy and his deep background in environmental law strengthens the firm’s national energy and environmental practice and offers clients unique insights into the complicated and competitive landscape.
- California Desert Renewable Energy Working Program Group, Member, 2010 - present
- Large-Scale Solar Association, President, 2009 - 2011; Board Member, 2011 - present
- Center for Energy Efficiency & Renewable Technology (CEERT), Board Member, 2011 - present
- Clean Power Campaign, Board Member, 2011 - present
- The Del Sol Performing Arts Organization, Board Member, 2012 - present
- The Vote Solar Initiative, Advisory Board Member, 2010 - present
- BrightSource Energy, Inc., Oakland, CA, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, 2011 - 2012; Chief Counsel & Director, Regulatory Affairs, 2008 - 2011 ]
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company, San Francisco, CA, Attorney, 2004 - 2008
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, San Francisco, CA, Assistant Regional Counsel, 1994 - 2004
- Golden Gate University Law School; Hastings Law School, San Francisco, CA, Adjunct Professor, 1995 - 2004
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude, 1989
Publications Editor, Georgetown Immigration Law Journal
- Wesleyan University, B.A., American Studies and Science in Society, 1985