The Rise of the 'Social Internet' and Social Media Law
Law Seminars International Conference
Renaissance Seattle Hotel
On September 11, 2009, Perkins Coie Of Counsel Lisa Oratz co-chaired a seminar on "The Rise of the 'Social Internet' and Social Media Law." The seminar examined how social media is changing the way we interact. It also looked at the unique issues affecting social media companies and how to minimize the inherent risks of social media marketing, while maximizing the benefits.
- From Email to Twitter: The History of Social Media From Sharing Information One-on-One to One-on-Many and The Rising Importance of Community Participation and Collaboration
- Content Liability Issues in Social Media: Current Exposure and Changes in the Proposed Social Networking Safety Act
- Regulatory Perspectives on Social Media
- Enforcement and Prevention of Misconduct and Abuse on Social Media Sites: Protecting Against Spamming, Phishing, Impersonation, Hacking, Hot Linking, Criminal Activity, and Other Problematic Behavior - this will be co-presented by Perkins Coie Partner Jim McCullagh
- Special Issues for Lawyers in Social Media
- Social Games: A Panel on Social Media Issues for Game Companies and Virtual Worlds
- Social Media Marketing: Anticipating Legal and Public Relations Issues to Maximize Benefits and Minimize Risk
Contact Law Seminars to register.